Last Chance Salmon Derby 2016 Regulations
- Derby Entry is by $25.00 donation per person for one or two days. Winners must be present to win prizes.
- Fishermen must have a derby ticket prior to fishing. Each person on board the vessel, fishing or not, must have a derby ticket except for charter boat captains, provided they have clients on board. All derby ticket holders are eligible to fish, including derby officials.
- Barbless hooks only! All Washington State fishing rules and regulations apply as well as Charter Tribal Sports regulations.
- One fishing pole per person. Pole must be hand-held while landing the fish. No stationary fishing poles allowed.
- Derby fishing allowed within the LaPush Late Season Area only.
- Derby fish must be caught and weighed within the following official derby hours: Saturday 10/1/16 – daylight until 4:00 p.m. and Sunday 10/2/16 – daylight until noon.
- All fish must be checked in, weighed and inspected at the Derby headquarters during official derby hours.
- Fish must be transported by boat, via water, to the official weigh-in station. The derby official(s) logging the catch will note the time on the derby ladder: this will eliminate ties.
- All fish on the derby ladder will be refrigerated and held by derby officials until noon on Sunday 10/2/16.
- No contestant may win more than one prize in the derby regardless of the number or size of the fish entered. Drawing prizes are not limited and winners must be present to win.
- The derby committee shall have the final word on all disputes regarding derby rules and awarding of prizes.
- Contestants observing violations of the derby rules should report immediately to derby officials. Violators will not be eligible for prizes and will be barred from future competition. Derby officials may be contacted on CB Channel 14 or at telephone number 360-374-5392 (Quileute Marina office) or VHF channel 80.
- Awards ceremony and non-cash drawings will take place following the noon closure of the derby, Sunday, October 2, 2016, at the official weigh-in station. If the Derby is closed due to inclement weather conditions, the prize drawings and award ceremony will take place within two hours of the closure at a time set by Derby Officials.
- All prizes must be picked up at the awards ceremony.
- Anyone entering the derby or providing assistance to derby officials or contestants does so of their own free will and thereby agrees to hold the sponsors of the derby harmless for damages or claims which may arise.
- All prizes final at time of award.
- If entire derby is cancelled due to inclement weather, as determined by derby officials, ticket prices will be refunded within 30 days upon presentation of ticket. To obtain a refund, mail the ticket to Forks Chamber of Commerce, P.O. Box 1249, Forks, WA 98331.
Forks Chamber of Commerce: